Vehicle Reconditioning at Walser Nissan Wayzata
At Walser Nissan Wayzata, we are very selective about the used cars we offer to our customers. Each used vehicle must pass a rigorous inspection before we will allow it to be sold. Below are the main items we check:
- Odometer reading is supported by the general condition of the vehicle.
- Lube sticker or maintenance logs support mileage.
- Oil and oil filter have been changed prior to sale.
Engine Compartment Inspection:
- Engine block, cylinder heads, intake and exhaust manifolds have been checked for cracks and corrected.
- Vehicle has been checked for obvious leaks, including power steering, and applicable corrections made.
- Automatic transmission fluid* is at the prescribed level and is not contaminated or discolored.
- Coolant is at the prescribed level and is not contaminated.
- Cooling system has been pressure tested to check for and correct any leaks.
- Cooling fan has been tested for proper operation and corrected, if needed.
- Power steering pump reservoir and gear box are at the prescribed fluid level. Steering system is not making noise.
- Brake master cylinder is at the prescribed fluid level and shows no evidence of leaks.
- Battery is charged and cables are corrosion-free and properly secured.
- Air cleaner is clean.
- Visually inspect under vehicle.
- Transmission case is free of cracks and leaks.
- Standard transmission fluid* is at the prescribed level (also transfer case on 4 x 4s) and shows no evidence of leaks.
- CV boots are free from cracks or deterioration.
- Struts are not leaking or weak.
- Brake wear has been inspected (front, visual – rear, pull both) and brake pads or brake shoes have been replaced if thickness is less than 3mm.
- Suspension systems (i.e., ball joints, tie rods) have been checked for wear and looseness and any loose parts have been replaced.
- Rear differential fluid is at the prescribed level (also front axle on 4 x 4s) and housing is not leaking.
Test Driven For Quality Assurance:
- Engine is operating properly and shows no obvious signs of problems (i.e., excessive smoking, poor performance, rough idle, etc.).
- Engine oil pressure and operating temperatures are within normal hot / cold range levels.
- Automatic transmission is shifting smoothly and quietly.
- Standard transmission is shifting properly and quietly (also transfer case on 4 x 4s).
- Vibration in the driveline, if any, has been corrected.
- All manual switches (e.g., power window, heating fan, windshield wiper, door locks, etc.) have been inspected for proper operation. Audio system is fully operational. All gauges work and display properly.
- Air conditioning has been inspected for proper operation and any freon leaks corrected.
- Steering has been checked for proper operation.
- Brakes and calipers have been checked for proper operation and leaks. Pads and linings, if worn, have been replaced.
- Parking brake has been checked for proper operation.
- Conditions causing unusual noises in the engine, transmission and/or drive axle have been corrected.
- All emission system parts are functional and meet required standards.
- CV joints exhibit no abnormal noise on hard left or right turns.